Students will participate in a variety of activities that incorporate math, science, social studies, literacy and the expressive arts. Two examples:
Electricity Unit explores simple and complex circuits. Students design and build a game or robot that incorporates what they've learned.
- 3rd Grade Current Projects: Students will be working on Electricity & the installaion of a Bird Habitat
- 4th Grade Current Projects: Students will be working on the installaion of a Bird Habitat; irrigation system for the garden; revitalizaion of our water source; computer programming
We will be using our Nature Center and school park throughout the school year. They engage in a variety of activites from the following resources. List is subject to change.
- Arkansas Game & Fish Schoolyard Habitat Manual;
- Project WILD/WET;
- Project Webfoot;
- Project WILD Aquatic;
- Arkansas Forestry materials;
- Project Learning Tree (PLT);
- Farm Bureau agricultural/nutritional materials;
- Flying Wild
- Internet resources to support computer programming
- Teacher created materials based upon student interest.
No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
---Anna Eleanor Roosevelt